This begins my final year as the proud principal of Flossmoor Hills School. I am so appreciative of all of the assistance we had in achieving our goals. I thank the students, parents, staff, and community members who assisted us. I look forward to the new and wonderful places that we will go as a school during the 2017-2018 school year.
My entire career has been dedicated to Flossmoor School District 161, serving as a speech-language pathologist for 24 years, a special education case manager for 5 years, and principal for 5 years. I received my Bachelor's Degree from Northwestern University, a Master's from the University of Illinois, and a second Master's from Concordia University. My educational belief is that all children should reach their maximum potential as 21st Century Learners, and it is my job to ensure that this occurs.
In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with my family, completing word games or puzzles, and baking.
Welcome to the 2017-2018 School Year!
Please contact me if you have concerns regarding your child's education.
- Annie E. Casey Foundation's Family and Community Involvement - A resource that provides current information on child development and ways parents and community members can impact change in schools.
- Common Core Standards - This provides parents with information regarding the Common Core Standards for Math and English Language Arts for K-12.
- Compass Learning - This engaging online resource helps teachers understand students' abilities, motivations, interests, strengths, and learning styles, enabling them to effectively differentiate, personalize, and accelerate learning.
- Examples of Common Core Math Problems
- LearnZillion - This resource provides activities to prepare the students for the Common Core.